The Committee Innovation of PWN (Platform Wiskunde Nederland) and TopQuants are proud to announce their first College Tour on Data Analytics for professionals. The college tour consists of a series of lectures on a number of related topics. Each topic is carefully selected to align with current developments and trends in analytics, data science and machine learning. The lectures cover a historic overview and a deep dive in recent developments. After a lecture you will have a deeper understanding of the topic and a number of practical pointers to explore further on your own.
The lectures are intended for professionals with a background in science interested in current trending topics, possibly working in, but not limited to, the financial sector. It is envisioned that the lectures and the networking afterwards will facilitate a healthy dialogue between academia and industry to foster the sharing of knowledge.
The lectures will take place in the evening starting in September. Catering will be provided during walk-in and afterwards participants are invited to join the informal networking part of program. Complementary drinks will be served.
The fee for the program is set at € 480 with everything included. An early bird fee of € 420 applies for registrations before August 26th, 2018. The number of tickets for the complete series of lectures is limited to 40. One can also register for individual lectures for € 120 per lecture. The number of these tickets is limited to 10 per evening.
On each evening, from 18:45 – 19:30 a light walk-in dinner will be provided for the participants. The lecture itself will take place from 19:30 – 21:30, followed by networking from 21:30 till 23:00 at the latest. All lectures will be held at De Nieuwe Poort, very close to Amsterdam Zuid train station.
The six lectures will be on:
- Dynamic Pricing and Learning (Thursday 13-09) – dr. Arnoud den Boer (UvA)
- Deep Learning (Tuesday 18-09) – dr. Vlado Menkovski (TU/e)
- Network Analysis (Tuesday 25-09) – prof. dr. Remco van der Hofstad (TU/e)
- Anomaly Detection and Monitoring (Monday 01-10) – dr. Alessandro Di Bucchianico (TU/e) and prof. dr. Mykola Pechenizkey (TU/e)
- GPU Computing (Tuesday 09-10) – prof. dr. ir. Kees Vuik (TU Delft)
- Natural Language Processing (Monday 15-10) – prof. dr. Antal van den Bosch (Radboud University)
An abstract and short biography of the speaker can be found by clicking on the links above, or below. A program booklet with the same information can be found here.