The Committee Innovation of PWN (Platform Wiskunde Nederland), Utrecht University and TopQuants are proud to announce their second College Tour on Data Analytics for professionals. The college tour consists of a series of lectures on a number of related topics. Each topic is carefully selected to align with current developments and trends in analytics, data science and machine learning. During this second tour, each lecture consist of two parts. After a lecture you will have a deeper understanding of the topic and a number of practical pointers to explore further on your own.
The lectures are intended for professionals with a background in science interested in current trending topics, possibly working in, but not limited to, the financial sector. It is envisioned that the lectures and the networking afterwards will facilitate a healthy dialogue between academia and industry to foster the sharing of knowledge.
The lectures will take place in the evening starting in March 2019. Catering will be provided during walk-in and afterwards participants are invited to join the informal networking part of program. Complementary drinks will be served.
The fee for the program is set at € 480 with everything included. An early bird fee of € 420 applies for registrations before February 1st, 2019. The number of tickets for the complete series of lectures is limited to 35. One can also register for individual parts for € 240 per part. The number of these tickets is limited to 5 per evening.
On each evening, from 18:45 – 19:30 a light walk-in dinner will be provided for the participants. The lecture itself will take place from 19:30 – 21:30, followed by networking from 21:30 till 23:00 at the latest. All lectures will be held at De Nieuwe Poort, very close to Amsterdam Zuid train station.
The six lectures will be on:
- Learning strategies for time series analysis – Part I (Tuesday 12-03) – Prof. dr. S. (Sjoerd) Verduyn Lunel (UU)
- Learning strategies for time series analysis – Part II (Tuesday 19-03) – Prof. dr. S. (Sjoerd) Verduyn Lunel (UU)
- Parallel computing – Part I (Tuesday 26-03) – Prof. dr. R. (Rob) Bisseling (UU)
- Parallel computing – Part II (Tuesday 02-04) – Prof. dr. R. (Rob) Bisseling (UU)
- Inside the black-box of supervised and unsupervised learning – Part I (Tuesday 09-04) – Dr. T. (Tristan) van Leeuwen (UU)
- Inside the black-box of supervised and unsupervised learning – Part II (Tuesday 16-04) – Dr. T. (Tristan) van Leeuwen (UU)
An abstract and short biography of the speaker can be found by clicking on the links above, or below. A program booklet with the same information can be found here.