Registration is open – TopQuants Spring Keynote 2013
TopQuants Spring Keynote
Utrecht – May 22, 2013 , 15:00h
TopQuants is the Dutch networking organisation – by quants for quants. TopQuants aims to bring the quantitative community of the capital markets in the Netherlands closer together.
On May 22nd, the next interactive symposium, TopQuants Spring Keynote 2013 will take place at SNS Reaal’s headquarters in Utrecht. You are cordially invited to join this event.
As special guest, Gerard van Olphen (CEO SNS Reaal) will start the event with an opening speech. The keynote session of the event will be:
“Macro-economic forecasting in times of crisis”
by Coen Teulings
For the past seven years, Coen Teulings was director of the CPB, the Dutch Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis. In this position, Coen has developed an in-depth view on many topical economic questions, like the budgetary process during times of crisis, the housing market and the Euro-zone. His keynote speech will cover the following topics:
- The crucial role of Bayesian econometrics for forecasting with large VAR models
- Financial market volatility and the trade-off between pay as you go and funded pension systems
- Optimal timing of austerity
- The slump on the housing market and the Dutch economy
TopQuants Spring Keynote 2013 also features a panel discussion aimed to provide a lively and exciting exchange of ideas between the keynote speaker, invited quantitative financial professionals, and you, the audience. Panel members include Coen Teulings and other quantitative professionals, such as:
- David Schrager, Head of Single Premium Variable Annuity Trading at ING Bank. David’s experience passes by ABN AMRO and ING Life Japan, and his focus is the design and risk management of complex financial and insurance products.
- Sandra Muijs, Head of Model Development at SNS Bank. Sandra holds this position since three years, after being the head of Model validation unit in SNS, coming from a strong academic background.
- Robert Daniels, Senior Client Risk Manager at Cardano. Robert started his career in consulting in emerging markets, and then moved to DNB for seven years, before joining Cardano.
TopQuants Spring Keynote 2013 concludes with drinks and snacks for all participants. This provides ample opportunity for informal discussions and networking.
15:00 Welcome and registration
15.45 Opening speech by Gerard van Olphen
16.00 Key note speaker Coen Teulings
17.00 Open panel discussion by the panel members
18.00 Snacks and drinks
The event is hosted by SNS Reaal, and held at their headquarters, Croeselaan 1, Utrecht. This is located at short walking distance from Utrecht central railway station.
Given the limited number of seats, please respond as soon as possible.
You can invite friends and colleagues working with derivative pricing models, trading book risk models (market risk and counterparty exposure risk), economic capital models, banking book ALM models, and model validation in the areas mentioned above, by forwarding this email to them.
We look forward to meeting you.
TopQuants celebrates its 12-year anniversary. We are therefore proud to invite you to a special Autumn 2023 lustrum event on 1st of November 2023, in ING’s headquarters.
TopQuants – the networking organisation by quants for quants based in the Netherlands – celebrates its 12-year anniversary. We are — Read more
TopQuants – the networking organisation by quants for quants based in the Netherlands – is proud to present its Autumn — Read more